In order to make a call to an external DLL, follow the procedure below:
- Select the Filename of the DLL by selecting the “‘” button and selecting the DLL that you want to call.
- Select the Procedure Name that you want to call from the drop down list.
- Select the Indicator output is a Boolean value if the output of the indicator represents a zero or non-zero (off/on) output (this is so it can be used as a Trading Strategy Condition if desired).
- Select the Procedure Type of the selected procedure (return value of the procedure).
- If the return value is not “Sub (void)” you can select Use the function return value as the indicator output (this means that the value(s) that the function returns will be used as the output of the indicator).
- Select the Number of Parameters that NeuroShell Trader should pass to the procedure.
- If the Number of Parameters is not zero you will need to define the Use, Declaration Type, and Value Type of each parameter. To modify a parameter:
Select the parameter to be modified
Select the Modify Parameter button
- Press the Next button to proceed to the next wizard screen.
- Refer to Indicator Help to distinguish between External DLL Call by Array versus External DLL Call by Value.