Selecting the instruments that you want to scan allows you to choose the instruments for which you want to view criteria and values.
- Select the instrument or instruments you wish to scan.
- Press the Next button to proceed to the next wizard screen.
To sort by ticker symbol:
- Select the Sort by Symbol option.
To sort by name/description:
- Select the Sort by Name option.
To show only the items selected in your list:
- Select the Selected items only option.
To show all the items in the list (both selected and not selected):
- Deselect the Selected items only option.
If you are using ESignal as your data source, you have the option of adding instruments that are not already listed. To add a new ticker symbol:
- Press the Add New Ticker Symbol button.
- Enter the instrument’s ticker symbol into the Ticker box
- Enter the instrument’s full name into the Name box
- Select the instrument’s category using the Category drop down box.
- Press the OK button to add the new instrument.
- If you are using the data installed in the NeuroShell Trader Data subdirectory, you may see extra letters after the stock name (For example: Microsoft MSQ ZMF ZJZ). This is an indication that the stock is an optionable stock and the letters are the actual root symbols for the stock’s option contracts.
- To select a group of instruments, hold the left mouse button down while you drag the mouse over the desired instruments.
- If you are unable to find a ticker, you’ll want to make sure that your data is setup correctly. For information on how to setup your data review: Setting Up Data Directories and/or Setting Up Data Server.