Use the trading orders options to select new order sound, pop-up notification and sending of orders to a brokerage.
To set the Actions taken for new or revised trading orders, select one of the options shown:
- Play sound file – When selected, causes a sound to play whenever an active trading strategy generates a trading order. Choose the desired sound from the dropdown list.
- Popup order prompt/confirmation ‘ When selected, causes a pop-up order notification message (for example: Buy 100 Shares of Dell) whenever an active trading strategy generates a trading order.
- Send orders to brokerage ‘ When selected, causes orders to be sent to the brokerage server selected in the Brokerage drop down list whenever an active trading strategy generates a trading order.
The following are the brokerage servers distributed with NeuroShell Trader that can be selected in the Brokerage drop down list:
Interactive Brokers ‘ Sends trades to Interactive Brokers Individual Accounts. For more detailed information see: Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers Advisor Profile ‘ Sends trades to Interactive Brokers Advisor Accounts with an account allocation profile named ‘NeuroShell’. For more detailed information see: Interactive Brokers
Order Emailer ‘ Emails trades to a list of email addresses. For more detailed information see: Order Emailer
Ticker/Exchange Mapping ‘ Loads the ticker/exchange mapping dialog which enables the specification of the brokerage ticker symbol and exchange for different data feed ticker symbols. Note that if no appropriate maps exist when a trading strategy is selected to be actively traded, NeuroShell Trader will prompt for an appropriate ticker and exchange mapping at that time.
- Only active trading strategies will play sound files, show pop-up order messages, or send orders to a brokerage. To activate a trading strategy, select the Alerts and Orders Window menu item from the View menu and select the trading strategy on the Active Trading tab.
- Additional brokerage servers may be available from third party developers or developed using the NeuroShell Trader Brokerage API. Once installed, additional brokerage servers will be listed in the Brokerage drop down list.
- The list of available sounds is compiled from all the .WAV sound files located in the Sounds subdirectory (C:NeuroShell TraderSounds). If you would like to use a custom sound not provided with NeuroShell Trader, simply copy the desired .WAV sound file into the Sounds subdirectory prior to running NeuroShell Trader.