A horizontal line annotation is simply a horizontal line drawn across an entire chart.
To draw a horizontal line on a chart:
- Select Horizontal Line from the Drawing menu.
- Click and hold the mouse button on a point near where the horizontal line should be, drag the mouse with the button still depressed to the exact position desired, and release the mouse button.
To move an existing horizontal line:
- Select a horizontal line on the chart by clicking on a portion of the horizontal line.
- Once the horizontal line is selected (highlighted with small squares), click and drag, with the mouse button still depressed, a portion of the horizontal to move the entire line.
To delete an existing horizontal line:
- Select a horizontal line on the chart by clicking on a portion of the line.
- Once the horizontal line is selected (highlighted with small squares), press the Delete key or select Delete from the Edit menu.
- When moving or deleting an annotation, you must make sure the mouse cursor has changed to a hand before clicking on the annotation. If the cursor is still an arrow or a cross hair, the selection will not occur.
- To continue drawing horizontal line annotations on the chart without having to reselect the menu item each time, select Remain in Drawing Mode from the Drawing menu. Once you are done drawing horizontal lines, simply select another type of annotation or unselect Remain in Drawing Mode.