Deleting data from a chart can be very useful when you no longer wish to see the data on your chart.
- Select a data series on the chart by clicking on the corresponding line, legend text, or Snapshot View text.
- Once the data series is selected (highlighted with black boxes), press the Delete key or select Delete from the Edit menu.
- Select a data series on the chart by right-clicking the mouse button on the corresponding line or legend text.
- Select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- You must make sure the mouse cursor has changed to a hand before clicking on the line or legend text. If the cursor is still an arrow or a cross hair, the selection will not occur. If you are selecting a line on the chart, it is best to position the cursor over a data point instead of the portion of the line connecting two data points.