Note – the following statements are considered true at the time of writing and as add-on and datafeed software is updated to be fully compatible with NeuroShell Trader 6.x, we will update this list.
LAST UPDATE : 2/3/2011
1. DTN IQFeed datafeed – DTN has released a new version of the IQFeed for NeuroShell Trader Adapter that is compatible with 6.0. You can download it from HERE
2. eSignal datafeed – the interface to connect NST to eSignal is installed with the NeuroShell Trader 6 software. Nothing special will need to be done to have NST 6 work with eSignal.
3. IBFeed/IBFeed Pro/mYFeed/Indicator Add-ons from Bowfort Technologies – Upgrading our products to Neuroshell 6 from Neuroshell 5 requires uninstalling and reinstalling the products to ensure that the product and documentation work correctly. We recommend that you complete this upgrade during trading downtime so that our support has time to respond in the unlikely event you encounter any issues.
Regular addons: (Data Cleanse, Zero Lag Indicators, Datafile Utility, Fuzzy Candlesticks, Adaptive Indicators, Chande Momentum Oscillator, Wave)
1. Remove the add on. (From the Control Panel / Add / Remove Programs).
2. Install Neuroshell 6 (if you haven’t already)
3. Install the add on. During the install process, you will be prompted for the “Neuroshell Trader Location”. Please ensure that this is set to your Neuroshell Trader 6 location, e.g. C:\Neuroshell Trader 6
Datafeeds: (IBFeed Pro, IBFeed, mYFeed)
(Note these instructions will save any custom symbols and settings you’ve created. If you haven’t changed anything, or don’t care about saving, then you can use the shorter instructions for “Regular addons” instead)
1. ** Do not remove Neuroshell Trader 5 until these instructions are completed **
2. Launch Neuroshell Trader 5, visit Tools / Data Sources / Server and make a note of the data server selected and the checkmarks under the section “Data requested from data server”, note these so you can duplicate your setup on Neuroshell Trader 6.
3. Quit Neuroshell Trader 5
4. Remove the datafeed. (From the Control Panel / Add / Remove Programs).
5. Install Neuroshell 6 (if you haven’t already)
6. Install the datafeed. During the install process, you will be prompted for the “Neuroshell Trader Location”. Please ensure that this is set to your Neuroshell Trader 6 location, e.g. C:\Neuroshell Trader 6
7. Make sure Neuroshell is not running.
8. Copy all files contained in the following folder:
mYFeed: From: \Neuroshell Trader 5\Servers\mYFeed Server To: \Neuroshell Trader 6\Servers\mYFeed Server
IBFeed: From: \Neuroshell Trader 5\Servers\IBFeed Server To: \Neuroshell Trader 6\Servers\IBFeed Server
Overwrite files when prompted. IMPORTANT: Copy the contents of those folders, not the folders themselves.
9. Launch Neuroshell Trader 6, visit Tools / Data Sources / Server and set up the settings you took a note of in item 2.
When software is purchased from us, delivery is via email. This email should be saved and can be used at any point in the future to download the latest version of the software and obtain your license keys.
If you have misplaced this email, please contact us via: http://www.bowfort.com/Contact/ContactForm
4. Dial Data – The Dial Data interface has been removed from NeuroShell Trader 6.0.
5. AIQ/ASCII/CSI/MetaStock files – You will need to remap the directories containing these files in NeuroShell Trader 6 via the Tools, Data Sources dialog.
6. MESA/Richey/Ward Systems Group, Inc. Add-ons – At this writing, these indicators all default to installing to c:\NeuroShell Trader 5. You can either copy the files from your NeuroShell Trader 5\Template directory to your NeuroShell Trader 6\Template directory or run the installers for the add-ons and change the default install directory from NeuroShell Trader 5 to NeuroShell Trader 6. However, the shortcuts to the add-on help files in the Windows Start Menu will still be installed in the NeuroShell Trader 5 Program Group.
7. Third Party Add-ons (BMJ, Cornice, Jurik, Meyers, NOXA and RJ5) – Contact the vendor for compatibility and instruction on installing for NeuroShell Trader 6.