- Select the format of the data file to be exported:
Comma separated ASCII file
Tab separated ASCII file
Space separated ASCII file
- Enter the name of the data file to be exported (you may choose to browse your files by selecting the Browse button).
- Select how many data files should be exported:
Export a file for the current chart page only ‘ This option will export only a single file containing data for the currently selected chart page.
Export a data file for each chart page in the chart – This option will export as many files as there are chart pages.
Export one data file containing data for all chart pages in the chart ‘ This option will export a single file that contains data for all the chart pages in the chart.
- Press the Finished button to end the wizard and export the listed data items to the file in the appropriate format.
- When using the Export a data file for each chart page in the chart option, the exported file names will be different for each file written. If the name of the data file to be exported includes a ticker symbol of one of the chart pages, then each data file will be named the same except with the ticker symbol replaced by the ticker symbol for the particular chart page being exported. As an example, if the file name is “Exported IBM.csv” and there are three chart pages IBM, INTC, and MSFT, then the files written would be “Exported IBM.csv”, “Exported INTC.csv”, and “Exported MSFT.csv”. However, if the name of the data file to be exported does not contain a ticker symbol of one of the chart pages, then the files will simply be named the same as the chart page ticker symbol. For example if the file name is “junk.csv”, then the files written would be “IBM.csv”, “MSFT.csv”, and “INTC.csv”.
- When using the Export one data file containing data for all chart pages in the chart option, a Ticker data field, containing the chart pages ticker symbol, will be added to the file to distinguish data from different chart pages. The data for each additional chart page will be appended to the bottom of the previous chart page’s data (i.e. more rows of data will be added for each chart page).